There is no vaccine for coronavirus. To help prevent a coronavirus infection, we follow the same rule as we do to avoid common cold:
- Clean your hands with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are infected
You treat a coronavirus infection the same way you treat a cold:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink fluids.
- Take over-the-counter medicine for a sore throat and fever. Aspirin is not recommended to children or teens younger than 19; use ibuprofen or acetaminophen instead
- A humidifier or steamy shower can also help ease a sore and scratchy throat.